Tuesday, December 17, 2013

New Beginnings

After great heartache, a friendship was formed, solidified through the storms into one built on trust and thankfulness for finding a friend in the midst of loneliness. Who would have ever thought a young woman from Ohio with an offer to move for a job and a chance to finish school, would come to reach new heights in the Colorado Rockies, finding a whole new world through an amazing man – one known as Mr. Toast? Uh-huh.

In a world that was often grey, I now see colors of life, love and happiness. My life has been transformed into something beautiful and I couldn’t be happier! Recently, I sent a message to Michael that sums it up perfectly:

Thank you for accepting me and loving me, broken past and all – and then allowing God to use you to mold me, His precious daughter, into everything He wanted/desired for me from the beginning.  I’m so grateful to have you in my life.  I’m beyond thankful for you!  Everything that was taken or robbed from me, you have returned to me, and so much more!  How could I ever say, “thank you” and “I love you” enough? You’re beautiful inside and out to me.  You are the most amazing man I’ve ever known…”

-- Alexandra

16 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. Thank you, Christine. Hugs from Michael and I. :)

      Delete
  2. That poem is so beautiful, love is a great conqueror!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pooping in and your sweet words. :)

      Delete
  3. I am SO very happy for both of you - sending lots of love & Christmas newlywed wishes from all of us here in Nova Scotia xoxox Susan & les Gang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael said, we're over Nova Scotia now, let's wave to Susan. Did you feel it? Tee hee. Thank you and much love back. xo.

      Delete
  4. I am so happy for the both of you!!! Much love and big hugs ;o) Merry Christmas ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! Lots of love back. :)

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! Welcome to the UK and obviously a very special Christmas for you both. Tell Mr T the place may have changed a little since his last visit. Can't wait to see what you both get up to on this new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. We thank you very much. It's been amazing so far! It hasnt changed too much since a year ago. Do you live near London?

      Delete
    2. I have now moved from Oxford to Dorset. If I had still been in Oxford we could have met up on the day you were there, which would have been lovely.

      Delete
    3. Awwww...yes! I'll mention to Michael, still. I hope you're doing well with all of the storms going on in your area! :)

      Delete
  6. merry christmas to the newlyweds! smiles...grad you found those colors alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brian!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas as well. :) Thinking of you and hope you're doing well.

      Delete
  7. Such a wonderful message. So great to know that after serious storms can come rainbows and sunshine. You are blessed. And Michael is blessed to have you in his life too. xxx

    ReplyDelete